1) Hey Pixel Grip! Thanks for interviewing with Indie Witches. How did Pixel Grip come to be?
thanks for having us on your blog! the three of us went to the same high school. liking the same type of music brought us together, but when we started working we just realized it was a totally perfect match.
2) What attracted you to the "goth disco" genre?
one day someone said our music sounded like “goth disco” and it just stuck.
3) How is the music scene in Chicago?
as an audience member it’s wonderful, but as a musician it’s competitive and lonely.
4) What is your favorite show you've ever played and why?
I really enjoyed playing at SXSW. austin has great audiences. and afterward the three of us had an iconic hotel pool party moment that I’ll never forget.
5) If you could get dinner with any musician, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
dinner with dolly parton would be everything.
6) What advice would you give to other young women who want to work in music?
I'm not qualified to give advice to anyone. every day that passes I realize I don’t even know what I don’t know. god help me
I guess I’ll say this: an easy way to bypass a lot of the sexism in the industry is by finding other women to work with. look for record labels/publicists/booking agents with women in charge.
be nice. if an audience member is nervous to talk to you, break the ice first.
and don’t drink too much before you play. I’m still working on that one.
7) What are you currently listening to?
8) Where is best place for fans to follow you/ Any upcoming shows?
you can follow us on instagram: @_pixelgrip_
our next show is our debut record release party at Sleeping Village, April 13th.